Saturday, August 20, 2011

What have I done?

In my previous post I went on to tell you about my trip to NY and how my parents were not too happy about it. Well I've been back now for 10 days now and they haven't spoken to me. I don't know why I assumed they would have talked to me like nothing ever happened. I just didn't realize the extent of the damage I have created.

The night I came back, I arrived before my parents did, I was already tense about going home and facing them but this just added to it. I was in my room when they came home, they arrived after 10pm, separately. I asked my younger sister for advice, "should I knock on their door or just open it to say hello?" We came to the conclusion that if I knock I was guaranteed an answer, right? Well I knocked and got no answer, my sister was laughing in the living room, usually when you knock you would have heard "yes?" but that didn't happen. I opened the door and walked in, said "hi" to them, they response was very very dry and low. I stepped out backwards out of the room. Everyday since then I've said "good morning, hi, hello" I still get the same dry returns.

I took the opportunity to stay at my sister's place while she is away in NY for a few days, I know my parents won't miss me since I already was gone for two whole weeks. I got a weave put in yesterday for the first time and I knew this would get their attention! Did I do it for them, hecks no! It was for a friend and a photo shoot to promote her sister's business. It was a short weave, but when I got home I got the dry "hellos" my mother looked at me as if she didn't know and my father never looked up to see me, not even sure if he saw my head at all.

Typing this right now brings tears to my eyes, I feel like I let them down so much and they have reached the point of giving up, oh wait not "giving" because they did give up and don't know what to do with me anymore.

In the end I realized I dropped my family, who is always around me for my boyfriend who lives miles away from me. What a sacrifice, huh?

My friends say give it time they'll come around, but how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment