Monday, April 25, 2011

Do you remember the time? (Actually I don't)

Today my younger sister was telling me that her professor called her today, to inform her that they would not be there and asked her to take roll and tell the other students what to do for today. Naturally, I laughed at her, you know the teacher's pet always gets looked down on.

I told my father of the occurrence and he said how that happened to me twice!! To my surprise I was in shock and sent a text to my sister and let her know. She felt much better after this, but I didn't. Not because I was considered a teacher's pet but because of how poor my memory is.

After being diagnosed with Lupus I think my memory got bad. They do talk about a "Lupus fog." You can find more info about that here: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_learnliving.aspx?articleid=2257&zoneid=527. After my father told me that, I went back to him and told him that he is blessed with a great memory. It makes me sad at times when I can't remember things that I experienced myself, it's quite maddening actually.

I thought maybe it was me and I had selective memory. I didn't want to give Lupus any credit over me, but why would I select things that I encountered to exclude from my own memory, whether a joyous or unhappy moment?

I am a young person and when someone starts what is supposed to be a funny story with "do you remember when....." I smile and from there I have 2 choices to make. Lie or just say "No, I don't actually," either way the story will be re-told.

I feel like I should document everyday of my life just so I can remember it happened. I wonder how will I be in my old age? Only God knows!


No comments:

Post a Comment