Friday, April 22, 2011

A day in the hospital

Hi reader,

My name is Samanta. I felt like blogging today because I'm not in the happiest mood right now. I am in the hospital getting an infusion for a virus that I have. I know right, YAY!!!!! -_- Even though this is an outpatient procedure, I still feel some type of way. Maybe that is due to the fact that I am here alone, while my sister told me she's going to sleep in the car....thanks! I feel like crying because I've been in and out of hospitals since I was 14 and I am now 27. Don't get me wronged, I am truly blessed because when I was younger I was in there a lot! No tears.

I'll tell you about this infusion I'm getting today, it's for this virus I have called the BK Virus. Ask me what it is and I wouldn't be able to tell you. I know you're thinking I should ask but I'm at a point of not caring anymore. I'm getting an anti-viral solution through IV, which I just found out today while here that it's going to take 3 hours (an hour for hydration, then medicine, and hydration), so just imagine the kind of face you would make not knowing what to expect. I mean I didn't have any plans for today but still, give people the full details so they can plan accordingly, smh. I feel bad because my sister is here, we're pretty much in Atlanta an hour away from where we live. I told her she could go if she had things to do, she went to the bookstore.

I had asked her to take me because I let my younger sister use my car and I didn't know how this treatment was going to make me feel, after today I'll have a better understanding of what to expect. Oh yes, I have 2 more treatments after this, two weeks apart from each other. I guess that's it for now, thought I had more to say. Any questions for me, feel free to ask!

Me with the IV in my arm
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment