Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Leftovers

Who knows you the best? Your family, they know the good, bad, and the ugly. Some of your friends just know the good, some know the good and bad, a select few know the ugly. If we treated our friends like we did our family, would we have any friends left? Seriously, think about it, the way we yell and scream at each other, storm off when we get angry and silent treatments. Some of you may already treat some of your close friends as family so they are used to it, but imagine treating all like the way you treat your family.



Being that Thanksgiving just passed, how many turkey recipes can you come up with for those leftovers before getting tired of them? We give our friends the best of us and leave our families with the leftovers. Sometimes we jump with a “YES” to do something for a friend but in turn drag our feet at a family members request, make faces, or speak under our breath when doing so. Perhaps your family is tired of your leftovers, maybe it's time for your family to receive the first piece of you, the best piece. Don't you like being the first one to be served a meal? It's time to give your family the best of YOU.

I apologize to my family for ALWAYS leaving them with my leftovers....

(Thanks to Victory 91.5 for this message and giving me the idea of this post.)


1 comment:

  1. Wow this really spoke to me. This is definitely that has been on my mind and I have been trying to work on. I am constantly out and about doing things for everyone but my family. I'm realizing that family should always come first because they will be there for you for the negative stuff as well as the positive stuff. Thanks for the post Sam. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete